Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Vegan French Vanilla Cupcakes

I'm not vegan.  I enjoy my meat and dairy and junk food and especially cupcakes.  I enjoy cupcakes so much that I even enjoyed these ones.

If you're vegan or if you've never tried anything vegan, these cupcakes are for you.  They are so delicious. They're light and fluffy.  They have such a wonderful hint of almond in them.  Top them off with a strawberry frosting and you've got yourself one delectable cupcakes you've ever stuck your teeth into.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures at this time but don't let that discourage you from trying them.


Ingredients:
·         1 1/2 cups vanilla soy milk or almond milk
·         1 T. lemon juice
·         2 1/4 cup flour
·         2 t. baking powder
·         1/2 t. baking soda
·         1/2 t. salt
·         1 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
·         1/2 cup canola oil
·         1 t. vanilla extract
·         1 t. hazelnut extract
Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line muffin pans with 16 cupcake liners and set aside.
2. In a small bowl or cup, combine the soy milk and lemon juice, whisking until combined. (Mixture will curdle.) Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, whisk together the soymilk mixture with the canola oil, vanilla extract and hazelnut extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing until just combined. Portion the batter in to the prepared pans and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center emerges clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool on a wire cooling rack completely before icing with Dairy-Free Frosting of your choice.

Now, I admit, I didn't stay completely Vegan with this cupcake.  I made a strawberry cream cheese frosting for them and it was delicious.  However, I've included a link to the Dairy-Free frostings that would be just as delicious.

Have you made a change in your diet to include any Vegan  dishes?  I am trying to have a few meatless days in our family but I do love dairy!  


Thank you to Dairy Free Cooking for this delicious recipe that I've saved in my favorites, printed and shared, printed some more...


No comments:

Post a Comment