Thursday, October 20, 2011

Halloween Cake

So, I promised a coworker I'd bake a cake for her Halloween party she's having.  Now that the date is getting closer, I'm a little nervous.  I've only decorated for a theme one time.  It was a Super Mario cake that wasn't my best but it was for a 3 and 4 year old so they weren't too picky.  lol

I haven't quite decided what the cake will look like so if any readers have any ideas, shoot them at me!  I'm leaning towards a cemetery with ghosts!  It could look pretty awesome.  Let me know what you think..

Here's the ideas I've come up with -->

Chocolate cake with a ooey gooey red filling (strawberry?)
Marshmallow fondant ghosts
Cookie graves
Chocolate spooky trees
Buttercream ghosts
Black fondant roses on the corners
Zombie hands coming out of the graves

I know I can't put all of that on a cake (unless it's a really big cake) and still have it look decent.  I don't want it cluttered.

If you were making a themed cake for Halloween, what would your plan be?



In other news - 16 days until the big 3-0!!  I really am hoping for a makeover.  Hair cut, new clothes...  This is definitely the beginning of a beautiful new life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment